2015 Dodge Durango vs. 2015 Chevrolet Traverse
Estevan and Indian Head drivers only need to compare the 2015 Dodge Durango to the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse for seconds before deciding on the former. Power, capability, standard features – all superior in the Durango. It’s the only SUV worthy of your attention.
The 2015 Dodge Durango comes with two engines for Estevan and Indian Head drivers to choose from. Each one is paired to an advanced 8-speed automatic transmission system, which uses numerous of shift maps to enhance both performance and efficiency.
You’ll choose from either:
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: Listed three times on Ward’s annual ‘10 Best Engines’ list, this powerhouse is capable of putting you in control of up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: The HEMI is for drivers who demand nothing less than pure exhilaration and earthshattering power, with an output equal to 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque.
In stark contrast, the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse is offered with just one engine – a 3.6L V6. Offering 288 horsepower and 270 lb-f of torque, it’s comparable to the Pentastar, but cannot hope to match the mighty HEMI V8.
The 2015 Dodge Durango’s high output engines don’t just mean that you’ll enjoy rapid acceleration and responsive maneuvering – they also ensure levels of capability which can’t be matched by the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse.
The 3.6L Pentastar offers a Best-in-Class V6 maximum tow rating of up to 2,812 kg, while the HEMI V8 ups that number to a Best-in-Class V8 maximum rating of 3,266 kg. At best, the Traverse will handle 2,359 kg – that’s less than even the standard Durango rating, and doesn’t even deserve to be compared to that of the HEMI. If you want a vehicle which is ready for anything, then you need a 2015 Dodge Durango.
The 2015 Dodge Durango clearly outclasses the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse when it comes to power and performance, but it also manages to provide more in terms of comfort and convenience. Estevan and Indian Head drivers will be able to enjoy standard features which aren’t offered in each trim level of the Traverse, making every element of their drive superior.
- Comfort: Unlike the Traverse, the Durango includes tri-zone climate control and a leather-wrapped steering wheel in all trims.
- Support: The Durango comes with a 12-way power driver’s seat with 4-way lumbar adjust as standard, while the Traverse fits a cheaper, less flexible 4-way manual driver’s seat.
- Style: The Durango stands tall on 18-inch painted Tech Silver aluminum wheels, while the Traverse is given 17-inch rims instead.
Contact Knight Weyburn CDJR for More Info on the 2015 Dodge Durango
The 2015 Dodge Durango thoroughly bests the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse in every way which matters. For more information, just contact one of the team online at Knight Weyburn CDJR today or call us on 306-842-7333. We look forward to showing our Estevan and Indian Head customers the new Durango.