2015 Dodge Durango vs. 2015 Mazda CX-9
Estevan and Indian Head drivers don’t need to spend long comparing the 2015 Dodge Durango to the 2015 Mazda CX-9. For a full-sized SUV with dependable power, best-in-class capability, and an advanced set of available features, nothing comes close to besting the 2015 Durango.
A full-sized SUV needs power you can depend on, and the 2015 Dodge Durango delivers. Estevan and Indian Head drivers can choose from two engines, customizing their own blend of power and efficiency.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6: This award-winning engine produces 295 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque for a strong, responsive ride.
- 5.7L HEMI V8: If you need to tackle the toughest terrain and tow the mightiest of loads, the HEMI V8 will provide 360 hp and an exception 390 lb-ft of torque.
The 2015 Mazda CX-9 is available with just one engine – a 3.7L V6 that produces just 273 hp. That’s less than the Durango’s Pentastar engine, and far less than the horsepower generate by the available HEMI motor. The CX-9 doesn’t even make up for this difference in terms of efficiency. While the Durango allows for up to 13.9 L/100km in the city and 9.8 on the highway with the Pentastar engine, the CX-9 offers 14.2 L/100km and 10 L/100km.
With those engines under the hood, it should come as no surprise to Indian Head and Estevan drivers that the 2015 Dodge Durango is vastly more capable than the 2015 Mazda CX-5. Trailer Sway Control comes as standard on the Dodge, but the optional Trailer Tow Package takes performance even further:
- The 3.6L Pentastar V6 offers best-in-class V6 towing of up to 2,812 kg.
- The 5.7L HEMI V8 provides best-in-class V8 towing of up to 3,265 kg.
The 2015 Mazda CX-9 cannot compete with those ratings. Even with the optional Tow Prep package, you’ll only be able to haul a maximum of 1,587 kg – that’s less than half of what the 2015 Dodge Durango can handle with the HEMI V8 equipped.
Of course, the 2015 Dodge Durango isn’t all about power and performance. This is a full-sized SUV that excels across every area by utilizing cutting-edge automotive technology that isn’t available with the 2015 Mazda CX-9.
- Class-Exclusive Rear Entertainment System: A dual screen DVD/Blu-Ray player folds down from the back of the driver’s and front passenger’s seats, with sound playing through integrated headphones.
- Uconnect 8.4AN: Your advanced multimedia system goes beyond Bluetooth connectivity and entertainment control to include voice-activated navigation with 3D mapping.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop: Perfect for drivers who often take long-distance trips, this feature automatically adjusts the speed of your Durango to account for the vehicle ahead. It can even bring you to a full stop if the vehicle ahead stops suddenly.
The 2015 Dodge Durango Thoroughly Outperforms the Competition
The 2015 Dodge Durango is clearly in a league of its own, but to fully understand this you’ll really need to take one for a test drive. Visit Knight Weyburn CDJR today, and let us put you behind the wheel.