2015 Dodge Durango vs. 2015 Toyota Highlander
Estevan and Indian Head drivers clearly appreciate the superiority of the 2015 Dodge Durango to the 2015 Toyota Highlander. Providing them with greater power, a more impressive list of standard features, and unrivalled capability, the new Dodge Durango is simply untouchable.
Superior Range of Power
The 2015 Dodge Durango provides a rich, powerful ride from one of two available engines, each one mated to an innovative 8-speed automatic transmission for highly refined efficiency and quick-off-the-mark acceleration.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: This award-winning powerhouse has been on Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’ list an incredible three times, and offers up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: For those Estevan and Indian Head drivers who desire the deepest of roars from beneath the hood, there’s the 5.7L HEMI. It’s good for a commanding and earthshattering 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque.
The 2015 Toyota Highlander cannot compete. There’s only one engine on offer – a 3.5L V6. Generating only 270 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque, it doesn’t even match the standard Durango engine, not to mention the available V8.
The amount of power which the 2015 Dodge Durango packs clearly gives it an advantage over the 2015 Toyota Highlander when it comes to ride quality. Of course, it also means that those Estevan and Indian Head drivers sitting behind the wheel will enjoy far superior capability. In fact, the Durango offers Best-in-Class maximum tow ratings for both V6 and V8 segments.
The Pentastar V6 can handle up to an impressive 2,812 kg, while the mighty HEMI V8 boosts that to a herculean 3,266 kg. Unsurprisingly, the 2015 Toyota Highlander would be ripped to pieces if it attempted to match that figure – at best, it can take only 2,267 kg.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The 2015 Dodge Durango doesn’t just excel when it comes to power and performance, it also ensures that your ride is as relaxed and enjoyable as possible by fitting standard features which aren’t provided in every model of the 2015 Toyota Highlander.
These features include:
- One-Year Subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio: This allows complimentary access to commercial-free entertainment, but is only offered with pricier Highlander trim levels.
- Tri-zone Temperature Control: The Highlander only includes a dual-zone control system as standard. That’s fine, but the Durango still offers a more enjoyable driving environment.
- Driver’s Seat: Even entry-level Durango trims receive a 12-way power driver’s seat with 4-way lumbar adjust – far more comfortable than the Highlander’s standard 6-way manual alternative.
Get the 2015 Dodge Durango Now Available at Knight Weyburn CDJR
The 2015 Dodge Durango is available now from Knight Weyburn CDJR. To understand just how much better it feels to drive than the competition, feel free to come down to the showroom today for a test-drive or call 306-842-7333 for more information. We hope to see our Estevan and Indian Head customers soon!