2015 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2015 Mazda CX-5
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee is one of the most impressive SUVs available, and it comprehensively outperforms competitors like the 2015 Mazda CX-5 at every turn. Estevan and Indian Head drivers have always trusted Jeep to meet their off-roading requirements, and the new Cherokee continues to deliver like no other vehicle in its class.
Power and Performance
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee’s immense capability is fueled by its superior powertrain. Two engine choices are offered, and each one is mated to a class-exclusive transmission so that Estevan and Indian Head drivers can personalize their performance needs:
- 2.4L I-4 Tigershark MultiAir: The Cherokee’s standard engine puts you in control of 184 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. In contrast, the 2015 Mazda CX-5’s standard engine delivers only 155 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.2L Pentastar V6: With an output equal to 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque, this Pentastar engine is up to any challenge, since it tows up to 2,041 kg. The CX-5’s optional 2.5L SKYACTIV-G is dramatically inferior, offering 184 hp, 185 lb-ft of torque, and just 1,800 kg of towing power.
- 9-speed Automatic Transmission: This class-exclusive system shifts seamlessly and features the perfect ratio for city, highway, and off-road driving. The best you’ll get with the Mazda is an outdated 6-speed system.
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee was named both Four Wheeler’s 2015 4X4 of the Year and the AJAC’s Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year, so Estevan and Indian Head drivers can set their expectations high when it comes to off-roading performance.
While the 2015 Mazda CX-5’s large alloy wheels and low profile make it difficult to handle across challenging terrain, the new Cherokee excels in any environment. Offering class-leading capability and trail rated credentials, the Cherokee comes with three cutting-edge 4X4 systems:
- Jeep Active Drive Lock 4×4 System with 4-Low: Outfitted for Cherokee Trailhawk models to provide unsurpassable traction across any terrain.
- Jeep Active Drive II 4×4: Perfect for rocky terrain and heavy towing.
- Jeep Active Drive I 4×4: Features single-speed brake traction control for confidence under any condition.
Few drivers would expect the 2015 Jeep Cherokee to be bested by the 2015 Mazda CX-5 when it comes to off-roading and power, but Estevan and Indian Head drivers will be pleased to note that interior technology is also superior.
Each Cherokee model is fitted with a Uconnect multimedia centre as standard, moving from a 5-inch touchscreen to a class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen. The largest offered with the CX-5’s most expensive trim is only 7-inches, and it lacks the advanced 3D mapping navigational system that can come with the Uconnect system.
Your drive will be more comfortable too, with an available adaptive cruise control system in the new Cherokee that uses radar technology and video sensors to maintain a consistent gap between you and vehicle ahead. This is the next generation of driver safety and convenience, but it isn’t available with the 2015 Mazda CX-5.
Come Explore the New Jeep Cherokee in Weyburn
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee is the SUV you deserve. To test drive yours today, simply come down to the showroom at Knight Weyburn CDJR, or contact us at 306-842-7333.