2015 Jeep Renegade vs. 2016 Honda HR-V
Both the 2015 Jeep Renegade and the 2016 Honda HR-V are all-new vehicles, so it’s only natural for Estevan and Indian Head drivers to compare the two. However, only the Renegade has been engineered to meet the demands of off-road driving as well as it handles the city and highway.
The 2015 Jeep Renegade has been expertly designed to dominate the backcountry. Unlike the 2016 Honda HR-V, it truly lives up to that off-roading potential, offering several exclusive features and Best-in-Class capabilities to ensure unstoppable performance, including:
- Class-Exclusive Rear-Axle Disconnect: Available with either of the Renegade’s two available 4×4 systems, this feature intuitively switches to FWD when AWD is unnecessary, providing optimal efficiency.
- Best-in-Class Approach and Departure Angles: At first glance, the Renegade’s short overhangs seem only to make it appear more modern and stylish, but they also ensure 30.5 and 34.3 degree approach and departure angles which cannot be matched by any other crossover.
- Best-in-Class 4×4 Capability: The Trail Rated Renegade Trailhawk is fitted with both a Jeep Active Drive Low 4×4 system with 20:1 crawl ratio and a Selec-Terrain Traction Management System with Auto, Snow, Sand, Mud, and Rock modes.
One way to tell if a vehicle has been built with performance in mind is to look at the output of its engine. The HR-V offers only one engine – a 1.8L i-VTEC which is able to churn out a relatively meagre 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque. In contrast, the Renegade comes as standard with a 160 horsepower, 184 lb-ft of torque 1.4L MultiAir I-4 Turbo engine, as well as a 180 horsepower, 175 lb-ft of torque 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine available as an option.
That remarkable difference in horsepower and torque – particularly with the available engine – ensures that responsiveness, handling, and acceleration remain strong and dependable in the 2015 Renegade, even when the vehicle is fully loaded.
Both the 2015 Jeep Renegade and the 2016 Honda HR-V offer a tempting list of standard features for Estevan and Indian Head shoppers. However, the Jeep leads the way when it comes to options for personalizing your vehicle.
The following are available with the 2015 Renegade but not with the 2016 HR-V:
- Park-Sense Rear Park Assist: Uses advanced sensors to gauge your distance from obstructions to the rear, helping you back up without every worrying about causing damage to the vehicle.
- My Sky Open Air Roof System: This Class-Exclusive feature allows you to open up your ride to the great outdoors, with either manual removable or power tilt/slide removable dual-panel roof panels which can be easily stowed in the rear cargo area.
- Class-Exclusive 9-Speed Automatic Transmission System: Available with the 2.4L Tigershark, this cutting-edge transmission system ensures remarkable efficiency and a smooth, controlled ride.
Enjoy a Test-Drive of the 2015 Jeep Renegade at Knight Weyburn CDJR
Unlike the 2016 Honda HR-V, the 2015 Jeep Renegade is a crossover which excels across all areas. For more information, just contact one of the team at Knight Weyburn CDJR. We hope to see our Estevan and Indian Head customers down at the showroom soon!