2015 Jeep Wrangler vs. 2015 Toyota 4Runner
2015 Jeep Wrangler
2015 Toyota 4Runner
The 2015 Jeep Wrangler provides Estevan and Indian Head drivers with a Trail Rated off-roader that offers more power, better mileage, and greater backcountry performance that the pricey 2015 Toyota 4Runner. Built to let you push your limits, the new Wrangler is a vehicle of unparalleled strength and capability.
Trims Levels and Price
Toyota provides three trim levels for the 2015 4Runner, as well as two upgrade packages:
- SR5 V6: For a minimum of $38,660, the SR5 comes with Bluetooth connectivity and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. An upgrade package is available, which adds an extra two seats.
- Trail Edition: Starting at $45,075, this model includes a power moonroof and heated front seats.
- Limited Package: With 5-passenger models and 7-passenger models starting at $48,030 and $49,225, respectively, the Limited offers dual-zone climate control, and leather seats.
Jeep drivers have the opportunity to choose between 7 distinctly balanced trims:
- Sport: Starting at just $21,195 – almost $18,000 less than the entry-level 4Runner – the Sport comes with a Uconnect 130 system with eight speakers.
- Sport S: Starting at $26,645, this model comes with an ultra-comfortable leather-wrapped steering wheel and deep-tint sunscreen glass.
- Unlimited Sport S: Starting at $29,695, this model adds an extra seat, as well as 60/40-split seating for a versatile interior.
- Sahara: Starting at $32,870, the Sahara provides drivers with remote keyless entry and fully automatic exterior lighting control.
- Unlimited Sahara: Starting at $35,270, the Unlimited Sahara adds two extra doors for added convenience.
- Rubicon: Includes removable rear windows, a removable rear windshield, and a high axle ratio for confident climbing on steep gradients, for just $35,870.
- Unlimited Rubicon: Starting at $38,270, this model includes rock rails, performance suspension, and 17-inch wheels for high performance off-roading.
Powertrains and Efficiency
- 4Runner Power: The 2015 Toyota 4Runner has been fitted with a 4.0L V6 engine, which is able to generate up to 270 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque.
- Wrangler Power: All 2015 Jeep Wrangler models have been equipped with a 3.6L Pentastar V6 – three-time winner of Ward’s Top 10 Engines. That cutting-edge powerhouse delivers a best-in-class output of 285 hp, as well as 260 lb-ft of torque.
The Wrangler provides more horsepower and only slightly less torque. That means that a $21,195 Wrangler is just as powerful $49,225 4Runner.
- 4Runner Efficiency: The 4Runner uses a five-speed automatic transmission in all models, and manages to achieve 14.2 L/100 km in the city and 11.1 L/100 km on the highway.
- Wrangler Efficiency: 2-door models can achieve 14.2 L/100 km in the city and 11.0 L/100km on the highway with a 6-speed manual transmission or 14.1 and 11.1 with 5-speed automatic. 4-door models achieve 15.0 L/100 km in the city and 11.4 L/100 km on the highway with a manual or 14.8 and 11.7 on the highway with an automatic.
The Wrangler doesn’t just outclass the 4Runner in terms of maximum horsepower, it also offers a superior efficiency rating.
Wrangler drivers will enjoy:
- Best-in-class ground clearance
- Best-in-class departure angles
- Best-in-class maneuverability
The Wrangler will take you places that the bulky 4Runner can only admire from the distance.
Comfort and Convenience Features
Both vehicles offer top-of-the-line standard features, making the interior of the vehicle into your own private sanctuary even while you’re traversing the great outdoors. These features include:
- Bluetooth streaming audio
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Eight speakers
- High-Performance Seats
Each vehicle is well-matched in terms of interior comfort and entertainment, but it’s worth remembering that the 2015 Jeep Wrangler offers those amenities for a far lower price without sacrificing performance. There’s no reason for you to pay more for a 2015 Toyota 4Runner.
- Traction Control
- Electronic Stability Control
- Brake Assist
They’ll also miss out on picking up a Trail Rated vehicle. Jeep understands that a true off-roader needs to inspire backcountry confidence to feel truly secure, so they put each vehicle through a rigorous battery of tests to ensure that traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording are all up to scratch. Trail Rated means knowing you’ll always get back home safely.
Drive the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Near Indian Head
Put simply: the 2015 Jeep Wrangler offers more for less when compared to the 2015 Toyota 4Runner. Contact Knight Weyburn CDJR today and take advantage of one of the best off-roaders on the market. Whether you’re coming from Estevan or Indian Head, we look forward to seeing you!