2016 Dodge Grand Caravan vs. 2016 Honda Odyssey
Growing Indian Head and Melville families are likely to need a versatile vehicle like a minivan, and many will find themselves comparing the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and the 2016 Honda Odyssey. If you’re one of those people, keep reading to see how Canada’s best-selling minivan — the Dodge Grand Caravan — stacks up to the Honda Odyssey in this quick comparison.
2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Features
It’s no wonder the Dodge Grand Caravan is Canada’s best-selling minivan when you consider that it offers nine affordably priced trim levels. The 2016 Honda Odyssey costs significantly more, and it only gives you seven trims to choose from. With the 2016 Grand Caravan, Indian Head and Melville drivers can find the ideal trim to fit their lifestyle and vehicle needs with one of the Grand Caravan’s trim levels:
- Canada Value Package (CVP) – $20,895: It comes with the award-winning 283-hp 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 with a 6-speed automatic transmission, steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, third-row Stow ‘n Go seating, and a 4-speaker audio system.
- SE Plus – $22,690: Standing tall on 17-inch aluminum wheels, the SE Plus offers power front windows with one-touch down, power second-row windows, power third-row quarter-vented windows, and a deep-tint sunscreen glass.
- SXT – $27,595: Upgrades include a black Stow ‘n Place roof rack, second-row Super Stow ‘n Go seating, and body-colour bodyside moulding and door handles.
- SXT Plus – $29,095: The SXT Plus includes a body-colour sill appliqué, styled 17-inch aluminum wheels, and third-row 60/40-split folding Stow ‘n Go seats with tailgate seating.
- SXT Premium Plus – $29,690: You’ll find premium comfort with this trim that comes with tri-zone manual temperature control, Black Torino leatherette seats with suede inserts, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Piano Black interior accents, and chrome belt mouldings.
- Blacktop – $30,490: This unique all-black design stands out from other models with 17-inch aluminum wheels with Gloss Black pockets, black headlamp surrounds, and a Gloss Black grille. The black interior cabin comes with brushed aluminum accents and silver accent stitching.
- Crew – $30,795: Additional convenience comes from a tri-zone automatic temperature control (ATC), an audio system with 6 speakers, and more.
- Crew Plus – $33,795: Technology wows in the Crew Plus with a Radio 430 multimedia centre with a 6.5-inch touchscreen, a ParkView rear back-up camera, and SiriusXM satellite radio with a one-year subscription.
- R/T – $35,995: The top-of-the-line R/T trim features first-class styling with black leather-faced seats with red accent stitching, 9 amplified speakers with a subwoofer, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, and heated second-row seats.
2016 Honda Odyssey Features
The 2016 Honda Odyssey starts with the entry-level LX at a much higher price of $30,690 and only offers a 3.5L V6 engine with 248 hp. You also won’t find the convenient third-row Stow ‘n Go seating on this trim. The top-of-the-line Touring trim on the Odyssey will cost Indian Head and Melville drivers over $12,000 more than the R/T trim on the Grand Caravan, and it still offers less power with the same engine as the LX trim. You also won’t find heated second-row seats on any trim of the 2016 Odyssey, and you’ll only get a 3-month trial with SiriusXM.
Drive the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Near Indian Head
If you like what you read, then head down to Knight Weyburn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to test-drive the new 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and find the right model for you and your vehicle needs. For more information, send us a message online or call us at 306-842-7333. We can’t wait to put our Indian Head and Melville customers behind the wheel of this affordable and feature-rich minivan!