2016 Ram 1500 vs. 2015 Chevrolet Silverado
Power and Efficiency
When it comes to power, the 2016 Ram 1500 is able to impress regardless of your requirements, with available options ranging from the outstandingly efficient to the phenomenally powerful:
- Class-Exclusive 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: Produces up to 240 horsepower and an incredible 420 lb-ft of torque, all while ensuring Best-in-Class efficiency ratings of up to 11.3 L/100 km in the city and 8.0 on the highway.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: A multi-award-winning engine that can generate up to 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, earning up to 12.9 L/100 km in the city and 9.3 on the highway.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: The HEMI V8 puts up to 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque at your disposal, allowing for either 17.1 L/100 km in the city and 12 on the highway with a 6-speed automatic transmission or 15.8 and 10.9 with an 8-speed automatic.
The 2015 Chevrolet Silverado also offers a strong range of engines, but they fail to compete when it comes to efficiency. In fact, the best you can hope for is 13.4 L/100 km in the city and 9.9 on the highway with a 4.3L V6, so you’ll need to spend far more time and money topping up.
Capability and Off-Roading
The 2016 Ram 1500 and the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado stand roughly neck-and-neck when it comes to raw capability figures; Indian Head and Melville drivers will be able to tow up to 10,640 lbs. with the 1500 or 12,000 lbs. with the Silverado, carrying up to 1,890 lbs. with the 1500 or 2,270 lbs. with the Silverado.
However, the 1500 goes further by offering the type of technology you need to tackle such jobs with greater confidence.
- Electronic Shift-On-Demand Transfer Case: Drivers can switch between two 4×4 settings. 4-HI locks each drive shaft for unstoppable traction; 4-LO provides a 2.64:1 gear reduction ratio.
- Segment-Exclusive Multilink Coil Spring Rear Suspension: Guarantees outstanding capability without sacrificing comfort and handling.
Comfort and Convenience
In addition to its game-changing performance technology, the 2016 Ram 1500 offers drivers plenty of comfort and convenience features that aren’t available at any price with the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, including:
- Alpine Audio System: Employs 10 speakers, 506 watts of power, a dual voice coil subwoofer, and a 7.1 surround sound amplifier.
- RamBox Cargo Management System: Offers lockable and weatherproof storage space and new LED box lighting.
The 2016 Ram 1500 Offers Smarter Capability than the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado
The 2016 Ram 1500 simply offers Indian Head and Melville drivers more than competitors like the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. To check it out in the flesh, just come down to the showroom at Knight Weyburn CDJR or call us on 306-842-7333 to set up a test drive.