2016 Ram 1500 vs. 2016 Toyota Tundra
Power and Performance
Indian Head and Melville drives will be able to tailor the output of their 2016 Ram 1500 around their exact needs thanks to its three well-balanced engine choices:
- Class-Exclusive 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: Makes up to 240 horsepower and a Class-Leading 420 lb-ft of torque, as well as Best-in-Class efficiency ratings of up to 11.3 L/100 km in the city and 8.0 on the highway.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: This award-winner offers up to 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: The HEMI V8 puts you in command of a monumental 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque.
The 2016 Toyota Tundra only offers two V8 engines, either a 4.6L for 310 horsepower and 327 lb-ft of torque or a 5.7L for 381 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque. Even with two V8 options, the Tundra never matches the 1500’s available HEMI, and the best you can hope for in terms of efficiency is a fuel-thirsty 15.9 L/100 km in the city and 12.3 on the highway.
Towing and Payload
With its phenomenal power output, the 2016 Ram 1500 is effortlessly able to conjure up the capability you need to handle any job with ease, especially compared to the 2016 Toyota Tundra.
- Maximum Towing: Indian Head and Melville drivers can tow up to 10,640 lb (4,826 kg) with the 1500 vs. 10,500 lb (4,760 kg) with the Tundra.
- Maximum Payload: You’ll be able to carry up to 1,890 lb (857 kg) in the 1500, and 1,895 lb (855 kg) with the Tundra.
The 2016 Ram 1500 is also equipped with Segment-Exclusive multilink coil spring rear suspension or available Segment-Exclusive active-level four-corner air suspension, making for a smooth and responsive ride that will be the envy of all the Tundra drivers.
Comfort and Convenience
Of course, the 2016 Ram 1500 isn’t solely focused on performance. The team at Ram have worked tirelessly to offer some of the best features around, most of which are unavailable with the 2016 Toyota Tundra.
These features include:
- Alpine Audio System: Calls upon a remarkable 506 watts of power to channel your music through 10 speakers, a dual voice coil subwoofer, and a 7.1 surround sound amplifier.
- Park-Sense Front and Rear Park Assist System: 6 sensors in the front of the 1500 and 4 at the rear are able to detect any obstacles in your path. An audible chime will vary in intensity as you get closer to them, allowing for confident maneuvering.
The 2016 Toyota Tundra is Utterly Outclassed by the 2016 Ram 1500
The 2016 Ram 1500 offers more power, stronger efficiency scores, and superior available technology compared to the 2016 Toyota Tundra. To test-drive yours today, just come down to the showroom at Knight Weyburn CDJR. We look forward to putting our Indian Head and Melville customers behind the wheel of the fuel-efficient 2016 Ram 1500!