Dodge Grand Caravan vs. Toyota Sienna
2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
2016 Toyota Sienna
The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan offers Indian Head and Melville drivers superior capability, comfort, and convenience to the 2016 Toyota Sienna, all while starting at almost $10,000 less. With that kind of money on the table, it pays to take home the Grand Caravan in more ways than one. Keep reading to learn how the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan compares to the 2016 Toyota Sienna in this quick comparison guide.
The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is jam-packed with features to keep your family smiling during even the longest of journeys, despite the fact that it boasts a starting price close to $10,000 less than the 2016 Toyota Sienna. In fact, you could upgrade all the way up to a top-of-the-range Grand Caravan R/T – with heated front and second-row seats, a 9-speaker audio system, and performance suspension – and still be paying less than you would for the Sienna’s second trim level.
Drivers will also be able to opt for several available features that cannot be equipped in the Sienna, including:
- Class-Exclusive Dual Entertainment System: Plays from two independent sources on two 9-inch flip-down screens.
- Radio 430N Multimedia Centre: Uses Garmin navigation to get you where you need to go as quickly as possible.
Interior Space and Versatility
Unlike the 2016 Toyota Sienna, the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan offers an astounding 81 possible interior seating and cargo configurations, plus Class-Exclusive storage features. No matter what life throws at you, you’ll be able to handle it with a Grand Caravan.
You’ll find the following features in the Grand Caravan, but not in the Sienna.
- Industry-Exclusive 2nd-Row Super Stow ‘n Go Seats: The one-touch fold-down operation allows easy cargo-carrying.
- 3rd-Row Stow ‘n Go Seats with Class-Exclusive Tailgate Seating: Stow into below-the-floor storage bins to significantly enhance cargo-carrying flexibility.
- Class-Exclusive Super Console: Provides a driver-accessible storage compartment, large storage drawer, 2 front cup holders, 2 rear cup holders, and 2 power outlets.
Power and Capability
Every model of the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is powered by a state-of-the-art 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine. That powerhouse has been named to Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’ list an incredible three times, and it’s able to put a Best-in-Class 283 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque at the disposal of any Indian Head and Melville driver who chooses to hit the gas.
That means responsive handling and acceleration no matter your load, plus the ability to tow up to a Best-in-Class 1,632 kg (3,600 lb). In contrast, the 2016 Toyota Sienna’s 3.5L engine makes just 266 horsepower and 245 lb-ft of torque. It will feel sluggish and uninspired after a drive in the Grand Caravan, and tows only 454 kg (1,000 lb) as standard and 1,588 kg (3,500 lb) at best.
The 2016 Toyota Sienna is Left Far Behind by the 2016 Grand Caravan
The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan rests far beyond the competition, and it’s available now from Knight Weyburn CDJR. To test-drive yours today, or for any further information, don’t hesitate to contact one of our team. We hope to see our Indian Head and Melville customers soon, so stop by today!