Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Toyota 4Runner
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Toyota 4Runner
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee is an uncompromising SUV that overpowers competitors like the 2016 Toyota 4Runner. Indian Head and Melville drivers in search of a larger model with power, room, and features to spare should look no further than the newest model of the daring Grand Cherokee. Keep reading to see how the Jeep Grand Cherokee compares to the Toyota 4Runner.
The 2016 Toyota 4Runner might want to be taken seriously as an all-purpose V6, but its sole 270-horsepower V6 engine betrays it as something more commonplace. In stark contrast, the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers four engine options for Indian Head and Melville customers to choose from, including:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6: Commands up to 240 horsepower and a colossal 420 lb-ft of torque for a Class-leading 8.4 L/100 km on the highway and 11.2 in the city.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6: Delivers up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.7L VVT V8: Generates upwards of 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.4L SRT HEMI V8: The SRT V8 is able to put up to 475 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque at your disposal – that’s enough to make 0 to 100 km/h in under 5 seconds.
Each engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission that is years ahead of the 4Runner’s 5-speed manual system.
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s superior firepower means that you’ll be able to tow up to a Best-in-Class 3,265 kg (7,200 lb) with either the 6.4L SRT HEMI V8, 5.7L VVT V8, or the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6, so the 2016 Toyota 4Runner naturally doesn’t come close to beating it with a towing rating of just 2,268 kg (5,000 lb).
You’ll also be able to choose from four outstanding 4×4 systems to suit your off-road needs (Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II, Quadra-Drive II, Quadra-Trac SRT Active On-Demand) and a Class-Exclusive Quadra-Lift air suspension system. Simply put, the 4Runner seems tame in comparison.
Indian Head and Melville drivers probably expected the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee to win out over the 2016 Toyota 4Runner, but despite the 4Runner’s pretentions towards off-road supremacy, it was unlikely to ever topple a vehicle wearing the Jeep nameplate.
However, the Grand Cherokee offers drivers a number of other advantages over its competitors, including the following technologies unavailable with the 2016 Toyota 4Runner:
- Radio 8.4N Infotainment System: Drivers will be able to control anything from music to available Garmin navigation from a Class-Exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen.
- SRT Performance Pages: View real-time telemetry for lap times, acceleration, braking distances, G-force levels, and power outputs.
- Rear Entertainment System: Keep the kids happy in the back by playing either Blu-rays or DVDs on seat back-mounted screens.
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rises Well Above the Competition
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee outperforms the 4Runner in terms of power, technology, and capability, so there’s no reason Indian Head and Melville customers should not come down to the showroom here at Knight Weyburn CDJR to arrange a test drive. Stop by today!