Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150
2016 Ram 1500
2016 Ford F-150
The 2016 Ram 1500 has swept industry awards and competitions to leave Indian Head and Melville drivers in little doubt that it thoroughly outperforms the 2016 Ford F-150. While the F-150 made plenty of noise about its aluminum-alloy body, the tried-and-true construction of the 2015 Ram 1500 spoke for itself, as did its Class-Exclusive diesel engine, critical recognition, and unparalleled features. Let’s take a closer look now at how the 2016 Ford F-150 compares to the 2016 Ram 1500.
If you’re looking for diesel power, you’ve come to the end of your search – the 2016 Ram 1500 is the only light-truck in the country that offers it. The available 240 horsepower 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 is a true game-changer that allows the 1500 to deliver ratings and capabilities of which the 2016 Ford F-150 can only dream, including:
- Class-Leading 420 lb-ft of Low-End Torque
- Best-in-Class Fuel Economy of up to 11.3 L/100 km in the city and 8.0 on the highway.
- Recommend Oil Change Intervals of up to 16,000 KM.
Able to dominate across the performance spectrum, it should come as no surprise to learn that the 3.0L EcoDiesel has landed on Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’ list two years in a row. Of course, the 1500 is far from a one-trick pony; if you’re in search of pure power, the legendary 5.7L HEMI V8 can command more horsepower – up to 395 – than anything the F-150 can muster.
The 1500 is the longest-lasting line of pickups in the country, and it backs that longevity up by attracting top industry ratings year after year. The 2016 model is no exception. Motor Trend just tested it, alongside the Ford F-150 and Chevrolet Silverado, in a grueling 400-km drive across California and Arizona. After pushing the limits of each model, the 1500 was crowned their ‘Half-Ton Shootout’ winner.
If that’s not enough to convince you, the 2016 Ram 1500 also won Four Wheeler magazine’s ‘2016 Pickup Truck of the Year’ prize and was number the ‘2016 Canadian Truck King Challenge’ winner.
The 2016 Ram 1500’s power is complemented by a whole host of exclusive features that further separate it from erstwhile competitors like the 2016 Ford F-150. Just a short selection of such features includes:
- Segment-Exclusive Multilink Coil Spring Rear Suspension: The lightweight design of coil springs and heavy-duty shock absorbers delivers exceptional capability without sacrificing comfort and handling.
- RamBox Cargo Management System: Remotely lockable, waterproof, and with new LED box lighting, this is the perfect way to keep everything organized and secure.
- 8.4 Uconnect Multimedia System: Control anything from your music to GPS navigation from a crystal-clear 8.4-inch touchscreen.
The 2016 Ram 1500 Has Received Complete Critical and Popular Acclaim
When it comes right down to it, no other light-truck in the country can compete with the 2016 Ram 1500. To experience the Ram difference for yourself, just come on down to Knight Weyburn CDJR today to take a test drive. We look forward to putting our Indian Head and Melville customers behind this award-winning truck, so make sure to visit us soon!