The Power Behind Jeep Off-Roading
Many of the Jeep vehicles we know and love are powered by 4×4 systems that make off-roading possible. From the Jeep Grand Cherokee to the Jeep Renegade, off-roading technology on Jeep vehicles is a step above anything else you’ve ever encountered. Keep reading to learn more about the systems making all your adventures possible below.
Jeep 4×4 Technology
The science behind off-roading technology may seem complicated at first glance, but it’s actually much easier to understand than you may think. The main goal behind the 4×4 systems in Jeep vehicles is to make sure that you’re always in control, regardless of the terrain and weather conditions. The main way this is done is through creating features and systems that equip the vehicle with added traction management systems to provide for better handling, control, and overall performance. There are a total of 13 Jeep 4×4 systems that are hard at work to keep you off the road.
- Rock-Trac 4×4 – For intense off-roaders that mean business, the Rock-Trac system features a heavy-duty part-time 4×4 system equipped with brake lock differential and Tru-Lok.
- Quadra-Trac I 4×4 – To enhance the durability and power of off-roading vehicles like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, this system adapts to your driving situation and changes modes to match, so that driving on all terrains and weather conditions is a breeze.
- Quadra-Trac II 4×4 – This full-time 4×4 system incorporates an advanced two-speed transfer case that can detect and stop slippage when necessary on any terrain, at any time.
- Freedom Drive I 4×4 – For those who love to explore, but want to focus less on switching modes and more on the scenery this system distributes torque as needed when slippage occurs, lowers fuel consumption by only switch to 4×4 when necessary, and uses four-wheel drive LOCK mode for better control.
- Active Drive Lock – With Trail Rated capabilities and mechanical rear differentials this system allows vehicles to take full advantage of everything the wide open road has to offer.
- Active Drive – No matter the conditions, this system is ready for action with a Class-Exclusive rear axle disconnect which increase fuel efficiency by only powering the front wheels when 4×4 traction is not necessary. It also uses technologies like Selec-Terrain Traction Management to keep drivers in control at all time.
Expand Your Horizons
Stop waiting for adventure to find you and get out there and find it yourself. With Jeep 4×4 technologies, this is not only possible, but simple. All you have to do to get started on your next expedition is stop by Knight Weyburn Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram at 1627 First Avenue N.E. in Weyburn, SK or call us at 306-842-7333 to schedule a test drive today.