Trim Levels and Price
Indian Head and Melville drivers will be able to select one of eight trim levels with the 2016 Dodge Challenger, with options including:
- SXT: Starting at $31,795
- SXT Plus: Starting at $35,795
- R/T: Starting at $39,895
- R/T Shaker: Starting at $42,895
- R/T Scat Pack: Starting at $51,185
- 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker: Starting at $51,895
- SRT 392: Starting at $57,495
- SRT Hellcat: Starting at $76,445
Powertrains and Efficiency
The boldly-sculpted lines of the 2016 Dodge Challenger immediately define it as an unparalleled powerhouse, and four engine choices do their part to fulfil that promise. Here’s a quick overview of the kind of power you’ll be able to fit beneath the hood of your new model.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6: The Pentastar V6 has landed on Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’ list three times, so it’s already something of a legend. When you hit the gas, it will put up to 305 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque at your disposal, with an innovative cold-air induction system and dual exhausts ensuring 90 percent of the engine’s peak torque from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm. Cutting-edge engineering means that you’ll still earn up to 12.4 L/100 km in the city and 7.8 on the highway.
- 5.7L HEMI VVT V8: Taking the step up to V8 power means sitting in command of an incredible 375 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque. That’s the kind of output you might expect from a heavy-duty truck, so it gives the low and nimble Challenger some serious firepower, all while earning up to 14.8 L/100 km in the city and 9.3 on the highway.
- 6.4L SRT HEMI V8: The SRT HEMI V8’s flat torque band lets you get off the line quicker than you’d believe, with up to 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque allowing you to keep cruising beyond the competition. Efficiency ratings come in at 15.7 in the city and 9.5 on the highway.
- 6.2L Supercharged HEMI SRT Hellcat V8: This unrivalled machine is the most powerful V8 in FCA history, harnessing up to 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. The engine acoustics have even been optimized to ensure an intimidating roar. It turns the Challenger into the fastest and most powerful muscle car ever, but still earns up to 17.6 L/100 km in the city and 10.7 on the highway thanks to a refined TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission.
Few vehicles are as iconic as the Challenger, and the 2016 model takes its styling even further than ever. Classic cues have been taken from the 1971 model, which provides the vehicle’s front split grille, split taillamps, and halo LED headlamps, but this is still a modern muscle car. From the dual hood scoop to LED lighting, it’s a vehicle that has been designed to impress.
You’ll be able to make your model your own by choosing between several vibrant exterior colours, including heritage B5 Blue or the new Plum Crazy. There are even a number of appearance packages available, including:
- Scat Pack: Adds the distinctive Scat Pack rear stripe, plus a Gloss Black grille surround and fuel filler door and HID headlamps.
- Blacktop: Enhances your Challenger using 20-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels, a blacked-out grille, and a strobe-design dual strip that runs from front to back.
The 2016 Dodge Challenger offers Indian Head and Melville drivers a wide array of modern driver assistance technologies in order to improve their safety, including rear cross-path detection, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning.
You’ll also have a string of further comfort, convenience, and performance features available, including:
- Harman/Kardon Premium Audio System: Employs 18 speakers, two 10-inch subwoofers, and a 12-channel amplifier to provide a soundtrack as evocative as the Challenger’s ride.
- Performance Pages: Data covering anything from lap and acceleration times to G-Force levels will be provided to let you fine-tune your skills and marvel at the capability of your Challenger.
- Uconnect 8.4 Multimedia Centre: Control everything from GPS navigation to music selection from a stunning 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Find Out What It’s Like to Take Control of the 2016 Dodge Challenger
The 2016 Dodge Challenger has been designed for Indian Head and Melville drivers who need to experience thunderous performance during every journey. If you’d like to arrange a test drive, just contact one of the team here at Knight Weyburn CDJR at your earliest convenience. The Challenger is one thing we never get tired of talking about.