You’ll find eleven trims in total for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler
, of which five are Unlimited trims that all feature four doors instead of two. Here is how they break down in terms of price:
- Unlimited Sport S – $35,695
- Unlimited Willy’s Wheeler – $38,595
- Unlimited Sahara – $41,295
- Unlimited Rubicon® – $44,295
- Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition – $44,690
Across all five trims you’ll find the same beastly 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 engine that can deliver up to Best-in-Class 285 horsepower and a remarkable 260 lb-ft of torque. This is the kind of power you’ll need to tackle the great outdoors with confidence, but don’t worry about this engine being a gas guzzler. You’ll still be able to earn up to 15.0 L/100 km in the city and 11.4 on the highway when the six-speed manual transmission that comes standard. There’s also an available five-speed automatic transmission should you want the ease and refinement of an automatic.
It’s well-known that Jeep are known for their multitude of four-wheel drive systems, and the 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is no exception. Each trim has the Trail Rated® designation that means they have been tested and passed with flying colors in five categories: traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording. Indian Head and Melville drivers will find that the Unlimited Sport S, Unlimited Willy’s Wheeler, the Unlimited Sahara, and the Unlimited 75th Anniversary trim all come standard with the Command-Trac® shift-on-the-fly 4WD system that allows you to change seamlessly between 2WD and 4WD and has a 2.72:1 low range that gives you the capability to crawl over rocks. The Unlimited Rubicon trim is a cut above when it comes to off-roading. It comes with the renowned Rock-Trac® transfer case 4WD system that features a 4:1 low-range gear ratio for precise control over any terrain. It also incorporates Tru-Lok® front and rear locking differentials, electronic front sway bar disconnect and Dana® 44 heavy-duty solid front and rear axles that allow it to have Best-in-Class ground clearance, approach angle, departure angle and maneuverability. Heavy-duty suspension with gas shocks come standard on the Unlimited Sahara, Unlimited Rubicon, and Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition trim for added control and comfort at low speeds over rough and rocky ground.
If you’re going to be using your Wrangler to tow things, then you’ll want to opt for the high-performing package that includes a 3.73 rear axle ratio, a Class II receiver hitch and a 4-pin connector. It ups your towing capacity from 2,000 lbs (907 kg) up to 3,500 lbs (1,587 kg), and it is available on all Unlimited trims.
The Jeep Wrangler is known for its open-air body style that lets you cruise the great outdoors as if you are a part of it. Each of the Unlimited trims features a different type of top, so you’ll have a number of options to choose from, including:
- Sunrider® Soft Top – Standard on the Unlimited Sport S and Unlimited Willys Wheeler, the Sunrider Soft Top features large rear windows and is easy to remove and store. It opens quickly through a convenient cable release and it is made out of watertight 3-ply material. It completely folds down and tucks away whenever you want to feel the wind in your hair.
- Premium Sunrider® Soft Top – The Premium Sunrider Soft Top comes standard on the Ulimited Rubicon and Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition trim and adds durability and sound dampening for a quieter ride than the original Sunrider Soft Top. It also adds a dust blocker that makes it stay cleaner longer and makes it easier to wash.
- Jeep® Freedom Top® Hardtop – Made from the same material as the body of the vehicle, the Jeep Freedom Top Hardtop is available on all models in black but comes standard on the Unlimited Sahara in the same color as the body.
Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition Trim
At the top of the line of Wrangler models lies the Unlimited 75th
Anniversary Edition Trim which really takes things to the next level. It offers more style and comfort than any of the other Unlimited trims. Indian Head and Melville drivers will enjoy the following amenities when they sit behind the wheel of the 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th
- Satin Chrome 75th Anniversary badge with Bronze and Orange accents
- 17-inch Bronze aluminum wheels with Orange accents
- Body-colour grille with Bronze accents
- Bronze headlamp accents
- Bronze Jeep grille badge
- Bronze painted front/rear bumper
- Bronze Rubicon® rock rails
- Heated front seats
- Leather-faced seats with Ombre mesh inserts
- Low Gloss Black Wrangler decal
- Mopar slush mats
- Moroccan Sun instrument panel bezel
- Moroccan Sun interior accents
- Orange Trail Rated® badge
- Hands-free communication with Bluetooth® streaming audio
- Radio 430 mutlimedia centre with 6.5-inch touchscreen
Find Your 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at Knight Dodge of Weyburn
Indian Head and Melville customers can find each of the Unlimited trims plus the other trims for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler at Knight Dodge of Weyburn at any given time. So, what are you waiting for? Make your way down to our showroom to take one of the Wrangler Unlimited trims for a test drive.