Why Should I Drive a Diesel Truck?
“Why should I drive a diesel truck?” That’s a question we’re often asked by Indian Head and Melville drivers, so we decided to write an answer. There isn’t just one reason why you should drive a diesel truck — in fact, we could be here all day. To keep things simple, here are the top eight reasons why it’s often the right choice.
The Perks of Driving a Diesel Truck
- Efficiency: Gasoline engines tend to convert around 30 percent of their fuel energy into actual power; many advanced diesels can convert close to 50 percent. The 2016 Ram 1500, for example, is Canada’s most fuel-efficient full-size pickup when equipped with a 3.0L EcoDiesel engine.
- Reliability: Diesels don’t require high-voltage ignition systems, so they’ll never fail for the lack of a spark. They also don’t radio frequency emissions, which often interfere with a vehicle’s electronic systems.
- Cool Runnings: Trucks are made to work harder than other vehicles, and the efficiency of a diesel will keep them far cooler as you push them to their limits.
- Longevity: Diesel engine parts are generally stronger than gas engine components, so it should be no surprise that they often last twice as long. The 2016 Ram 3500’s 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel regularly lasts more than 500,000 km.
- Safety: Diesel fuel is safer. It won’t release fumes like gasoline, and, since diesel is much harder to burn, it can’t explode like its lighter gas counterpart.
- Turbocharging Technology: Gasoline engines will spontaneously detonate if placed under too much pressure; they can still be turbocharged, but not as easily as their diesel brothers, which can endure plenty of super- or turbocharging pressure.
- Cleaner Emission: Diesel trucks boast an eco-friendly bonus due to their efficiency, but they’re also able to help the planet by releasing far less carbon monoxide than gas engines.
- Minimal Maintenance: Diesel engines don’t just burn cleaner and longer than gas models — they also require less maintenance. For example, the 2016 Ram 2500 delivers best-in-class recommended oil change intervals of up to 24,000 km.
Find Your Diesel Truck by Visiting Knight Weyburn CDJR Today
Diesel power really does reign supreme when it comes to trucking. If you haven’t experienced it before, there’s never been a better time to come down to Knight Weyburn CDJR to try out a diesel-powered Ram. We welcome drivers from Indian Head, Melville, and the surrounding communities, and we look forward to showing you what you can do with a diesel engine under the hood.